Given that it's been a fairly rough week, I felt it'd be nice to start the weekend by talking about things that friends and loved ones do for us that just make us feel loved and help give us that little bit of a boost to get through the day.
- Friends showing up with food
- My parents and sister cleaning the house and stocking up our kitchen while we weren't there
- A friend finding out we hadn't any plans and offering to come over, just to keep us company
- A very close friend's dad being there at Conor's funeral because she couldn't
- Someone turning to us and saying how proud they are of us, or how they look up to us for how strong we're being and how we seem to be coping
- Friends just being there to chat online, about anything and everything
- An old friend coming back into contact
- A stranger commenting on a blog post about how they're thinking of us
- Friends coming over, without any plans for what to do, and letting us just have a great night of fun and food, without any expectations
So let's get this rolling. What things, big or small, have people done that make you feel loved, or helped pick you up when you needed it?