Dec 9, 2011

Writing Update

It's weird to think I only have 9 more blog posts for 2011 after today. That's assuming I don't take a bit of a break over Christmas. Still, I have been thinking about the things I want to talk about as we wrap up the year.

For now I thought I'd give a bit of an update of where the year has left me, writing-wise.

My third round of edits on Locked Within has been sent back to my editor. Things are going really well, I think. Kristine is a huge help in figuring out my weaknesses and playing to my strengths. I know there's still plenty of work to be done, but I'm looking forward to it. I can see the book becoming much stronger as we go.

I've been neglecting Nightfall for the last couple of months. Not that I'm letting it go, by any stretch, but Nathan's story has been so strong in my mind that I'm finding I have try hard not to get ahead of myself. I'm currently preparing to re-draft Silent Oath to take into account feedback from my crit partners and beta readers, as well as major changes which have happened to Locked Within. My goal is to have Silent Oath ready for querying in time to make a 2013 release, if it's accepted.

As well as that, I've decided to start writing the third book of The Memory Chronicles in the new year. I'm seriously looking forward to this, but I'm keeping a lot of it under wraps for the time being.

I've also been getting more and more ideas for other books, independent of The Memory Chronicles. A dark fantasy series, and a couple of ideas for MG or YA Christmas stories.

What about you? Where are you with your writing, or what are you reading that's really grabbed your attention?

5 comments:

  1. Well, my "real" writing has fallen by the wayside during book promotion season. Because it's a holiday book, there's such a short timeframe. I have done a lot of writing for guest posts, and some of that turned out to be surprisingly creative. I am looking forward to turning the new year, as I plan to let everything else go for a while and really dive into my next book. It's calling to me, and I feel the excitement building about telling a story that I haven't thought up yet! You've accomplished a great deal this year! Wishing you the happiest of holidays and a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between blogging, which I began to do in August, professional and other trips, house cleaning (the literal and literary kind) have fallen a bit. But what I will not allow to go by the wayside is ‘real writing.’
    I concur that Editor Kristine is very talented. Aren’t we fortunate? So will our readers be.
    I wish you and yours the best this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between blogging, which I began to do in August, professional and other trips, house cleaning (the literal and literary kind) have fallen a bit. But what I will not allow to go by the wayside is ‘real writing.’
    I concur that Editor Kristine is very talented. Aren’t we fortunate? So will our readers be.
    I wish you and yours the best this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy! I have a few things kicking around, but mainly I've been trying to give myself a bit of a break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa: Thank you. I lov that feeling when you're about to start a new book.

    Mirka: Same to you!

    Talli: I have let the work on my second book slip , what with Christmas shopping and being a little sick lately. I don't do well on breaks for too long, though.

    ReplyDelete