The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person may post 11 things about themselves. *
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
6. Post an image of the award on your blog. There are many versions available.
11 Facts about me:
- I love the outdoors, but I suffer from hayfever.
- I'm not a sports fan, but I love martial arts.
- My favourite hobby is tabletop roleplaying games.
- My handwriting is terrible.
- I make my own wine.
- I find it really hard to write without music.
- I decided I wanted to be a writer at the age of 12.
- I still watch cartoons.
- I cry at the end of movies.
- My favourite movie growing up was The Last Unicorn.
- My favourite music is film scores.
11 Questions from Olene Quinn:
- Cats or dogs: Dogs
- If you could have one person's fashion sense, who would it be? I'm not sure I know enough about fashion to even know whose style I'd want.
- Do you like to cook? Oh yes! Love it, especially when we have friends over.
- Coffee or tea? Coffee
- PC or Mac? PC
- What or whom makes you feel the most peaceful? Holding/watching my girls.
- Do you keep a garden? We have a garden. Of sorts. Does that count?
- What is your favourite movie? Dead Poets' Society
- What is the worst book or movie you've read or seen lately? Sucker Punch
- Do you have a goal for 2013? If so, what is it? Two, actually. To get the edits on my second novel finished in time for it to be released this year, and to draft the third and final part of the trilogy.
- Are you spontaneous or methodical? I'm fairly spontaneous most of the time, but I do like my planning as well.
11 Questions for my nominees:
- What movie do you secretly love?
- If you could travel to any place in the world, where would it be?
- When you were a child, what was your dream job?
- What was your favourite childhood toy?
- Do you have any hobbies that don't involve reading, writing, or that don't involve the internet?
- Do you have a lifelong dream?
- When did you come to realise it?
- What tv show could you watch over and over?
- What one part of modern living could you not live without?
- What one part of modern living would you love to live without?
- What book or movie are you most looking forward to in 2013?
*I'm nominating the above people because I love their posts and appreciate their attitudes and insight. If they want to follow this up, awesome. But I know they're all busy with their own stuff, so I'm not going to take offence if they can't. ;-)
Also, I am fully aware I'm breaking the rules on the "less than 200 followers" mark, and even the numbers of nominees. I just don't enough very many followers who fit that requirement, and I like spreading the word about how awesome people are, regardless of rules.