Feb 17, 2015

Onwards and Upwards

We're nicely settled into 2015 now, and it's definitely set to be a busy, but productive, year for me.

My freelance editing work is moving along. I'd like to get some more clients, so if you guys know anyone looking for an editor, point them my way :-)

I'm making progress on Long Road, my new YA series about a mother and daughter who hunt monsters. I enjoy origin stories, and I think there's a great story to be told in how a girl, striving to be accepted as a regular teen, has to come to terms with the realisation that her mother is some kind of wandering monster-hunter. My writing pace has picked up, thanks to Jen's regular gym sessions in the evenings and settling for slightly lower wordcount goals. I can't wait to see where this book takes me.

Only a week after Lady Raven returned to print, I've received my first editorial letter on Red Skies, so work on that will continue soon, as well. This means I get to flex my design muscles again for the cover, and we're definitely on track to have the second of Cora's adventures available in time for summer.

I think Origin should be making its transition to Amazon in March, as well. I'll be making some tweaks based on feedback from those who've read the first part on Wattpad, and we'll see how things go.

The year has started off strong. May this continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment