Mar 9, 2015

April Hero's Journey Challenge

Those of you who've been following my blog for a while may remember that I did a Hero's Journey Challenge a while ago.

That was one of the most fun and challenging series of blog posts I've ever done, and I've decided I'd like to do it again. So, for the month of April, while the rest of the Internet goes crazy with the A to Z Challenge, I will take on different movies and show how the Hero's Journey fits into them. And, like last time, the challenge is up to you. From now until the end of March, I will take suggestions for movies to watch as part of this challenge.

So if there's a movie you've always wanted to see broken down into this universal story analysis, or you think you know of a movie that the Hero's Journey can't possibly apply to, send me the title.

The rules are as follows:

1: English-language movies only (or ones with very good subtitles)
2: Animation or live action are both acceptable
3: I reserve the right to turn down a challenge if it's something I haven't seen and I'm not able to buy or borrow a copy to watch.

Towards the end of March, in preparation, I will tackle Kung Fu Panda 2, to give you an idea of how the Hero's Journey works if you're not familiar with it. 

1 comment: