Jul 1, 2011

Real Men Can Cook: Pizza

This week's recipe is a little more involved, but it really is one of my favourites.

Total Time: 1hr 15 mins, approx.
Serves: 2 (2 9-inch pizzas)

To Prepare the Dough:

Ingredients:
250g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon yeast
125ml warm water
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for oiling

Step 1: Sift flour and salt into a large bowl, stir in yeast. Gradually stir in water and oil to form a soft dough.

Step 2: Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 8-10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place in an oiled bowl and turn until the full surface is covered. Cover and leave to rise for 45 minutes.

Step 3: Lightly knead the dough and divide into 2 before rolling out.

Toppings:

Ingredients:
Bolognaise Sauce
1 whole chorizo sausage
2 balls of mozzarella

Step 1: Spoon out the sauce onto each base, spreading evenly.

Step 2: Tear pieces off the mozarella balls and place on top of sauce.

Step 3: Slice chorizo and place pieces on top of the cheese.

Step 4: Cook in an oven on a baking tray or pizza tray, pre-heated to 200 degrees centigrade, for 10-15 minutes, or until fully cooked.

There you go! Of course, changing the toppings up is one of the best things about making pizza. Chorizo is one of my favourite toppings, though. I recommend getting a proper round pizza tray for cooking. Use a pizza cutter to slice, or do it the proper Italian way and just eat the pizza straight off the plate with a knife and fork.

7 comments:

  1. That looks awesomely easy and yum! I'm sooo surprising my husband with this at the weekend :) I'll have to make 2, replace the flour with rice flour and cheese with soya mozzerella for me because I'm kinda food-cursed. But I want him to be able to enjoy the real thing :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "followed" you over here from Roni's blog.

    Nice ta meet ya, Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aislinn: Let me know how it turns out!

    Matthew: Nice to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, like chorizo too - and pepperoni - and spicy chicken - and peppers - and, well, anything really (except olives)!
    Must dig out my daughter's pizza recipe for you, she used to make a great pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's really from scratch! I'm impressed. And hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talli: You won't be if you try the recipe. It's pretty filling.

    Paula: Excellent. The more recipes, the better.

    Lisa: The only tricky part is cleaning the dough off your hands :-p

    ReplyDelete