Jan 17, 2013

2013 Blogging Plans

On Tuesday I talked about how this year will be for me in terms of my writing. Today I wanted to share my plans for the blog and the kinds of things I'll be talking about.

Naturally, I'll continue to promote Locked Within. If you haven't picked up a copy yet, it's been getting great reviews on Amazon and Goodreads. I'll be looking for competitions to enter, giveaways to organise, and other ways to spread awareness.

Following on from that, I'll be talking about Forgotten Cause, and the very different journey that book led me on compared to my first.

Of course, I'll also be sharing tidbits I learn from researching the third book in the trilogy, and my other projects, as well as particular storytelling decisions which would lead to me choosing one book to write over another.

But it won't all be talk about my writing. I've been getting back into video games and looking at them as more than just an easy way to pass the time. As such, I've decided to start a series of posts looking into video games as an art form, a genre of storytelling in their own right. There is as much work going into the production of some video games now as there is into major Hollywood motion pictures, with an amount of writing that is absolutely staggering compared to what went into them even ten years ago. With their ever-growing popularity, video games are a form of entertainment which deserve attention and analysis to match novels and movies, and I think both authors and readers can learn a lot from them.

I'll also be bringing focus back into music and movie discussion.

The blog schedule will stay as it is, Tuesdays and Thursdays, possibly with the occassional extra post here and there. Later in the year I'd like to host a series of guest bloggers so I'll be looking for volunteers for that, too.

I'm really looking forward to this year. It's going to be something special.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that about video games! The Final Fantasy series is one of my favorites. While I don't play them much myself (we'll blame it on an overactive imagination that tends to scream every time I get jumped by monsters), I love watching my husband play because of the story line. We have a rule in our house, he can run around and level all he wants while I'm gone, but no forwarding the plot unless I'm there to read every blip and watch every cut screen.

    Looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete