Apr 16, 2013

Boston

I had another post all written up for today but I don't really feel like it in light of the events in Boston yesterday.

Like a lot of east coast cities, Boston has a strong historical and cultural connection with Ireland. No doubt there will be a lot of blame tossed around, or will already have been by the time this post goes live. I've never believed in seeking people to blame just for the sake of it, so until anything definite is revealed all I'll say is that this tragedy, and others like it all around the world, bring only pain and serve no greater purpose. The ease with which information spreads in the modern world means we are all connected. What hurts people on the other side of the world hurts all of us, no matter where we are or what we believe in.

My thoughts are with those injured in the explosions, and the families and loved ones of those who lost their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment